Internet Marketing Newbie – Step By Step Guide


Internet Marketing Newbie


For all the internet marketing newbies out there, there are only 4 steps to making money from internet marketing from scratch.

Step 1 – Make a decision
Step 1 is to make a firm decision that you are going to make it in internet marketing, no but, no however, no unless, no excuse!
If step 1 is not accomplished, there is no need to proceed to the other steps. Quit now and go back to your comfort zone. Internet marketing is not for you. Nothing is, until you make a decision.
Let me tell you something I’ve never told anyone.
I started to explore internet marketing back in 1999, made my first $100 some time in 2004, made my first $1000 in 2006 and made my first $10k in the same year.
What happened in 2006? Did I stumbled upon a secret formula? Not at all.
What happened was that my offline business failed in 2005. I was $50k in debt and I desperately NEED to find an alternative to make money, so as to pay back my loan and keep my company alive.
For the years before 2006, I had been exploring internet marketing, but I was doubtful whether internet marketing was for me. Moreover, I had many other opportunities available and frankly, internet marketing was the last option in my list.

By 2006, I’d tried 3 different offline businesses, failed at each one of them, and owed $50k to the bank. With little cash on hand, I ran out of all my offline options.
I was in a situation where I either make it in internet marketing or quit my entrepreneur dream and look for a job.
Not to give up my last option, I turned to internet marketing, with no other backup plan!
Here’s a little secret about the universe:
“Once you make a decision, the universe conspires to make it happen.” — Ralph Waldo Emerson
Opportunities will be open to you. Ideas will come to you. Your saviour will appear.
So, before everything else, make your decision first.


Step 2 – Stop looking for shortcuts
Forget about shortcuts or quick cash. There is no shortcut. What does exist is leverage.
To make money fast, you need to leverage. You leverage on advertising to bring you more traffic in a shorter time. You leverage on freelancers to save your time and provide skills that will otherwise take you time to learn.

Other than leverage, there is no shortcut. You have to take the down-to-earth ‘boring’ steps of building websites, promoting them and doing all the maintenance work.
I’m not saying internet marketing is tough. It is tough initially because you’re still learning. Just like the first time you ride a bicycle. It was tough isn’t it? But once you get used to it, it’s as easy as ABC.

Step 3 – Decide on a business model
There are too many ways to make money online. You can make money from Adsense, PPC ads, Affiliate Marketing, Ebay, MLM etc.
So your 3rd crucial step is to decide on the business model that you want to adopt.
If you want to make money fast, one way is to become an instant guru!
I’ve seen many newbies who position themselves as a guru and start teaching people how to make money online. It works! Many of them who ‘dare’ to pretend to be a guru eventually becomes a real guru.

As a guru, you need to have your own website, your own product and your own affiliate program. That’s why I invested money to create the free M.Y.O.B List Builder Script for our members. Make this script work for you and you’ll become an instant guru overnight.
Read these two articles if you haven’t done so. They will shed some light for you.
What Are The Steps In Creating An Online Business
How To Drive Traffic To Your Website

Internet Marketing Newbie

Step 4 – Keep learning and keep working
Remember, there is no shortcut. You got to work hard and you got to learn fast while you work.
In offline businesses, you can hardly learn because very few people are willing to teach you.
The good thing about online business or internet marketing is that many people are willing to teach you, for free or for a very small fee. As long as you have your own business set up and are willing to learn the ropes, you will eventually grow and become another guru.


Lastly, after today, don’t ever call yourself an internet marketing newbie again. The faster you believe you are the guru, the faster you can succeed online.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...