A surprising benefit of breastfeeding - for moms


A surprising benefit of breastfeeding - for moms


I spent more than the last month of my journey of breast fighting not to stop breastfeeding my son , even though he was older than a year. He had taken a toll on me physically. I had to go on an elimination diet to find the source of colic, reflux and allergies my son. He constantly looked after, and I lost too much weight. I am constantly emptied; the little energy I had left after tending to a newborn was undermined white to the right of me, as if breastfeeding is a direct line of my energy reserves.



My family was more concerned during the breastfeeding experience, but I fought tooth and nail. I am quite convinced that the continuation of breastfeeding is the best thing for my son and it was worth the temporary difficulties. The World Health Organization recommends breastfeeding until age two and beyond, and for good reason: breastfeeding can help reduce obesity rates among children, stimulate the system immune, improve information and prevention of diseases such as type 2 diabetes and hypertension. Aside from the many health benefits, breastfeeding promotes a relationship between mother and baby and provides a source of comfort for babies. Dr. Sears promotes the many benefits of breastfeeding, indicating that improves vision, hearing, intelligence, digestion, and even the behavior of babies.

I knew that breastfeeding may provide benefits to my child; I did not know it could provide many benefits for the mother, too. (Well, beyond burn extra calories and sending a rush of happy hormones so need my head at each nursing session.) It is, breastfeeding may also reduce the risk of ovarian, uterine and breast of the mother. More recently, it was found that breastfeeding may improve heart health of the mother, which is important in view of the heart disease is a leading cause of death for women. This particular study showed that more women breastfed, the more they reduced their risk of heart disease. It also showed that women who breastfed for seven to twelve months decreased their cholesterol and the risk of hypertension and type 2 diabetes (So like a freebie extra bonus health -earth.)


A surprising benefit of breastfeeding - for moms


According to the study author, Elanor Bimla Schwarz, "14,000 American women may avoid having a heart attack each year if 90 percent of women breastfed for nine months." It is not intended to add fuel to the chest or do not fire; it is simply a different perspective on the potential benefits, this time looking at baby mama instead.
So while breastfeeding - like everything else in parenting - has its ups and downs, this is one more reason why it was worth the fight for me.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...